Last updated: Dec 08, 22 20:13 UTC | Permalink
4 - Interaction-Level Design Patterns
This lecture is about common patterns for organizing the communication between classes. These are what are often called “OO Design Patterns”. We will see that using such patterns makes OO code more readable and modifiable.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to
- Explain how patterns capture common solutions and tradeoffs for recurring problems.
- Give 4 examples of interaction patterns and describe their distinguishing characteristics
- Draw a picture or give an example to illustrate each one
- Individual Project Deliverable 1 Due Sep 21 by 11am
- Interaction-Level Design Patterns Slides PDF, PPT
- Weather Station Activity (zip file) (README)
- Code Examples from Lecture (zip file)