This lecture is about common patterns for organizing the communication between classes. These are what are often called “OO Design Patterns”. We will see that using such patterns makes OO code more readable and modifiable.
By the end of this lesson, you should be able to
- Explain how patterns capture common solutions and tradeoffs for recurring problems.
- Give 3 examples of interaction patterns and describe their distinguishing characteristics
- Draw a picture or give an example to illustrate each one
- Individual Project Deliverable 1 Due Jan 25 by 11am
- Code Examples from Lecture (zip file)